Self Storage for Students in Capitola
As a student, you’re familiar with the logistical challenges that come with moving your belongings at the end and beginning of each school year. JD Mini Storage is situated near two schools—University of California Santa Cruz and Cabrillo College. Students make up a good percentage of our client base, and we’re proud to provide the self-storage services they require. Instead of hauling your belongings all the way home in the summer, then all the way back in the fall, allow us to keep your items safe until you need them again.
Student Storage Unit Considerations
Self-storage can make students’ lives easier in a number of ways. Here are just a few of the reasons why Santa Cruz and Capitola students rely on our student storage services.
- Summer Storage: If you decide to go home for the summer, you probably won’t need some of your furniture, books, or appliances. Trusting us with your belongings for the summer can simplify matters considerably.
- Moving: A self-storage unit can prove immensely helpful during the moving process. Having a place to stow your extra belongings can reduce some of the pressure that comes with moving your belongings out of one place and into another.
- Downsizing: You’ll likely accumulate a lot of belongings during your college career. Renting a student storage unit will allow you to downsize the belongings in your home and keep them safe.
The self-storage professionals at JD Mini Storage will provide all the assistance and advice you need. Here are a few storage tips that will help you make the most of your self-storage unit.
- Use Uniform Boxes: Using same-sized boxes will make it much easier to move and stack your belongings. That said, smaller boxes are better for books, while larger boxes are better for lighter items.
- Cover Your Belongings: Your belongings will acquire a thin layer of dust during their time in storage. It’s a good idea to place a plastic cover over your items to keep them well protected.
- Don’t Store Food: If you have leftover food at the end of the school year, either take it home or throw it out. Even non-perishables can attract ants and other creatures.
If you’re looking for a place to stow your belongings for the summer, JD Mini Storage is the self-storage facility for the job. Our Capitola storage units are all clean and secure, and we offer a wide range of sizes. Call (831) 462-1910 to learn all about our facility.