Military Storage in Capitola, CA
Choose JD Mini Storage for Military Storage Boxes
Active-duty military personnel and veterans have unique storage needs. However, no facility comes close to the quality you get at JD Mini Storage. Our storage units come in plenty of sizes to accommodate your needs. Our experienced and friendly staff can help you choose a unit and give you recommendations for making the moving process go smoothly. We understand moving takes a long time and puts undue stress on you and your family, especially when you’re about to be deployed. JD Mini Storage makes the process as simple as possible so you can take advantage of our secure facility without any added burden. Read up on some of our military storage tips as you gather your items to be stored.
What to Store and What to Toss
As you gear up to move into a self-storage unit, you’ll need to make some important decisions. It can feel stressful deciding what to keep, store, and throw away. Luckily, our military gear storage experts can help when it comes to sorting your things. We recommend military members get rid of anything broken, outdated clothing, and items they’ve never used. Consider storing old uniforms, extra furniture, and clothing your children will grow into in a military self-storage unit. While you could store any of the following items, you may want to keep these in your home:
- Sentimental or otherwise valuable items
- Furniture and housewares you use every day
- Documentation relevant to the military
Our Checklist for Storing Your Things
Moving into a military storage container can be a lengthy process, depending on how much you want to store. Fortunately, our friendly team has developed a thorough checklist for things to do and what to consider as you move into your storage unit. Follow our guide below, or get in touch with our team for further details:
- Determine Size: First things first, you’ll need to decide how much storage space you need. Mini-storage units might be perfect if you only want to store some old uniforms. However, if you plan to keep old furniture and home appliances in your unit, you’ll likely need more space. Once you know which items you’d like to store, simply chat with our team, and we’ll come up with the perfect size recommendation for you.
- Compare Moving Companies: Moving into a storage facility can be stressful. You might benefit from hiring movers to take your belongings from your home to a JD Mini Storage unit. Make sure to hire a reputable moving company. Look at customer reviews or ask friends for recommendations. Ask a few different companies for estimates, then weigh the cost with their quality.
- Start Labeling: Label all items you want to be left in your home, so movers don’t accidentally pack them away. It’s also a good idea to label the boxes you’re storing. This way, you can easily access your belongings should you decide you want them in the future.
- Move Some Things Yourself: Consider moving breakable items and important documents on your own. Handling these objects on your own ensures they’re treated with care and won’t get lost in the move. Don’t add extra stress to an already lengthy process!
Take Advantage of Military Discounts
Some military storage unit facilities offer a discount for those on active duty. At JD Mini Storage, we’re happy to cater to the specific needs of those who will be deployed in the coming months or years. We’re committed to helping military members and their families store their extra belongings in a safe and secure place. The last thing you should have to worry about when deployed is military storage. We take care of all the details for you at a reasonable rate.
Learn More Today
JD Mini Storage has a wide selection of sizes and rates for you to choose from. We want you and your family to feel secure while you’re on active duty. Storing your personal items with us means more security for you and less clutter in your home or apartment. Talk to our team in Capitola, CA for more information on how we can help you. Contact us today.
Why Choose Us?
- All Ground Level Units
- All Units 10ft Tall
- On-Site Managers
- Electronic Key Pad Access
- Customized Billing & Payment Options
- Gate Open 7 Days a Week
- No Hidden Fees
- After the First Month, All Unused Rent Is Refunded With 10 Days Notice of Move-out